Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ranch, by any other name...

Okay, I admit it.  I love ranch dressing.  I  a ranch aficionado.  It really goes great on anything, and being from Texas, we put it on mostly everything.  The problem I face is, there is just too much BAD ranch out there.  Not all ranch is created equal.  For me, it it comes in a bottle, it's crap.  I just can't get excited about a squeeze bottle of Ranch Dressing.  It's so full of stabilizers, emulsifiers, and preservatives, that its no longer ranch.  It's more like a science experiment then a  salad dressing. I decided that I needed to make my own ranch dressing, and I didn't want to use a packet to do so!  This is a simple great recipe, that has all the great flavor of ranch, and none if the crap that you don't want.  

Food Doofus Ranch
1 cup Helman's Mayonnaise 
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbs granulated garlic
2 tbs kosher salt
1.5 tbs onion powder
1 tspn white pepper
4 tbs fine rough chopped parsley

Mix all ingredients, adjust seasonings to personal taste preference. Keeps for two weeks in the fridge, if it makes it that long.

1 comment:

  1. i might have to try this recipe next time i make ranch-- it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete